This photo, part of the Library of Congress' collection, was labeled "Ushers, Durham Church, May 1940. A little research revealed that the church was St. Mark's AME Zion Church. The church was founded in 1890 and met in the home of William and Flora Colley until a frame structure was built at Pine and Picket Streets. The brick sanctuary shown in this photo was built in 1922. Unfortunately it was demolished in 1954. For more photos of St. Mark's AME Church and other structures in Durham, see http://www.opendurham.org/tours/milestones-along-color-line.