Sunday, March 24, 2019

J.T. Finch Writes Home From France, March 21, 1919

From the Franklin Times, Louisburg, N.C., March 21, 1919

A Letter from France

Feb. 12th, 1919
Dear Father:

Will try to write you a few lines to let you hear from me. I am well and hope these few lines will find you all the same. Papa why don’t you all write to me? I would like to get a letter from home every day. I will be so glad when I can be at home with you all. Then I will spend the rest of my life (line obscured) to farm this year but I can’t get back. I wonder will you and mama look to me like when I left home. I wonder if you are worrying over me. I don’t want you to worry over me. That is all that worries me. I am afraid that some one at home will be missing when I get home. I know mama is getting old and she can’t stand like papa. I will have to close for this time as I have got to write another letter. I will send another picture as it might be that you didn’t get the first one I sent.

Goodnight, from your boy,
J.T. Finch

No comments:

Post a Comment