Friday, November 11, 2016

Noah Hollowell Pleased to Return to Hendersonville Newspaper, 1917

From the Nov. 8, 1917 issue of the French Broad Hustler

Great is the degree of pleasure afforded me in resuming newspaper work in Hendersonville.

As was announced by the Hustler in August, the sale of the Brevard News to Hon. M.L. Shipman was on the condition that I should return to The Hustler, where I began newspaper work in this section nine years ago. Previous to going to Brevard two years ago, I was associated with Mr. Garlington in the publication of the Hustler for two years. Our old arrangements have been resumed and I am proud of the opportunity to return to Hendersonville.

My work was pleasant in Brevard but my return to Hendersonville was prompted by what appeared to be a greater opportunity than I could see elsewhere. I feel richer in friendships and profitable experiences by my stay in Brevard for those people are appreciative and enterprising and to know them is a pleasure. Memory of those days ever will be sweet to me.

Hendersonville has always been dear to me and I am glad to make it my home again. In my work I shall strive to the best of my ability to merit appreciation, which I once enjoyed to a satisfying degree, and my efforts will ever be for the upbuilding of Henderson county.
            --Noah M. Hollowell

No comments:

Post a Comment