Saturday, December 15, 2012

Thanks for the Scholarship Money, 1983

Three letters expressing thanks for scholarship money, all published in the Winter 1983 issue of Tar Heel Homemaker
I join in expressing our deep appreciation to the North Carolina Extension Homemakers Association for the contribution of $8,334 to the University’s Continuing Education Fund. We are tremendously pleased that conference Area Four is permanently identified with Ada [Dalla Pozza]. Again, we commend your great organization for undertaking this special labor of love for Ada.
This financial assistance in the University’s McKimmon Center is needed and helps advance Extension and Public Service functions at a time when these University services are critically needed by North Carolina citizens. When in Raleigh, please come by to see us!
W.L. Turner, NCSU Vice Chancellor, Extension & Public Service
-=-
It is with great appreciation that I acknowledge receipt of your check in the amount of $2,000 from the North Carolina Extension Homemakers Association as a contribution to the Home Economic Foundation for the Ruth Current Scholarship Fund.
All of us at the University appreciate this generous gift. Please convey to your members our deep appreciation for their interest and support.
Charles W. Patterson III, Vice Chancellor for Development, UNC-Greensboro
-=-
Dear Ladies,
On this, the last payment of my Extension Homemakers loan, I feel it with deepest gratitude that I say just how appreciative it am. Had it not been for the gracious generosity of your organization, I would not have been able to graduate from Appalachian State University, and unlike many of my colleagues, I have put my education to good use as I have just been promoted to regional sales representative for the Schumacher/Waverly Fabrics and Wallcoverings.
Although I no longer live in North Carolina, I support Extension Homemakers wholeheartedly. Please call on my now that I am able to help you in any way I can.
Cindy Moore Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment