Saturday, April 13, 2024

Harry Daugherty, Former Attorney General, to Rest in Asheville, April 13, 1924

Daugherty on His Way to Asheville

Columbus, Ohio, April 12—Harry M. Daugherty, former attorney general of the United States, in a formal statement issued here today said “I am paying a short visit to my mother in Washington Courthouse, and will go from there to Asheville, N.C., to meet Mrs. Daugherty, where I will rest a few days, while at the same time doing a little work.

“A little later my intention is to return to Ohio and perhaps make one speech. As soon as possible, I shall return to Ohio to live, for under no circumstances could I be tempted to give up Ohio as my place of residence.

“The country will applaud the action of the President yesterday, in sending to the senate a message in support of Secretary Mellon and the cabinet, thus taking an unqualified and positive position in the support of constitutional and orderly processes of government.”

From the front page of the Sunday Durham Herald, April 13, 1924

No comments:

Post a Comment