Thursday, December 17, 2020

Vela Qualls, 4th Grader, Writes Santa, Dec. 17, 1920

Dear Santa Claus, Guess you are well on your way to see the children in this county by now and I will be so very glad when you get here. I want you to bring me a music roll as I am very interested in my music and I want a music roll to protect my sheet music. I also want you to bring me a nice raincoat so that when I have to go to school in the rain I’ll not get wet. There are a great many things I would like to have but I don’t want you to think that I am greedy so I am only going to ask you to bring me things that are really useful as I realize that times are somewhat hard here and guess it is the same way with you. I am going to school every day now. I am in the fourth grade and I like my teacher just fine. I would like very much to see you and hear your reindeers but guess you haven’t the time, as I am sure you have to hurry to get to so many places in one night. I am so anxious for Christmas Eve night to come I almost count the hours. Say Santa Claus, would you like for me to make you some nice candy for Christmas? If you would like to have some I would be glad to make you some. From your little friend Vela Qualls (From the Roanoke Rapid Herald, Dec. 17, 1920)

No comments:

Post a Comment