Saturday, December 24, 2022

Letters to Santa, Fayetteville Observer, Dec. 24, 1922

Dear Santa Claus

Fayetteville, N.C.

Dec. 20, 1922

Dear Santa Claus:

Please bring me an automobile and a telephone. The nuts and fruit, I can get them upstreet.

HAROLD HILBURN

Greensboro Street

-=-

Dear Santa Claus:

Will you please bring me a checkerboard, a cowboy suit and some candy, fruit and some nuts. Also bring me a blackboard.

From your little boy,

WILLIAM

-=-

Fayetteville, N.C.

Dec. 16, 1922

Dear Santa Claus:

Please bring me a rifle and some shot and a ball and bat. I also want a train and some fruit.

From your little friend,

THEODORE LOVETT

443 Dick Street

-=-

Fayetteville, N.C.

Dec. 16, 1922

Dear Santa Claus:

I want you to bring me a blank pistol, some nuts and candy and a story book. My little sister wants a baby doll. Please carry some of my things to some poor little boy that won’t have anything.

Your friend,

LELAND ELLIS

-=-

Fayetteville, N.C.

Dear Santa Claus:

Please bring me a big doll, some nuts, some candy and fruit.

Your little friend,

MILDRED DUNN

256 Cool Spring Street

-=-

Fayetteville, N.C.

Dec. 15, 1922

Dear Santa Claus:

Please bring me a football, some candy and nuts and fruit. I would like for you to bring me a bicycle.

Your little boy,

PAUL DUNN

256 Cool Spring Street

-=-

Fayetteville, N.C.

December 14, 1922

Dear Santa Claus:

I want you to bring me a doll baby, a carriage and some doll clothes. Also a tea set for the dolls. And don’t forget some candy, raisins and nuts.

Your little friend,

JAMES COFFEY

-=- Fayetteville, N.C.

December 12, 1922

Dear Santa Claus:

I am 7 years old and am in the 2nd grade. Please bring me a sleeping baby doll, a lunch box, a horn, a balloon and a book. Also please remember the poor little New Bern children.

Your little friend,

JOSEPHINE JONES

Route 7, Box 103

-=-

Fayetteville, N.C.

December 12, 1922

Dear Santa Claus:

I am only 4 years old. I want you to bring me a piano, a sleeping doll, a horn, a balloon, a telephone and some fruit.

Your little friend,

MARGARET JONES

Route 7, Box 103

-=-

Fayetteville, N.C.

December 13, 1922

Dear Santa Claus:

Please bring me a little train and some toys. And a big rag doll and an auto big enough for it to ride in, and some goodies.

Your little boy,

MAURICE LESSEM

-=-

Fayetteville, N.C.

December 12, 1922

Dear Santa Claus:

I love you dearly because you bring me toys every Christmas. I want a doll’s carriage and a doll’s parlor suit and some fruit.

Your little friend,

ROSANNA MORRIS

-=-

Fayetteville, N.C.

December 12, 1922

Dear Santa Claus:

Please bring me a racer, a climbing monkey, car, and a baby doll, and some oranges, apples, grapes, peanuts and some nuts. I will try to be a good boy till next Christmas. I am five years old. I live on Winslow Street, the sixth house from Massey Hill Drug Store.

From your little friend,

JOHN REECE MERCER

-=-

Fayetteville, N.C.

December 11, 1922

Dear Santa Claus:

I want you to bring me a doll carriage, some story books, a pair of shoes, and some fruit.

Your loving friend,

MARY BELLE SYKES

From The Fayetteville Observer, Dec. 24, 1922.

No comments:

Post a Comment