Saturday, December 23, 2023

Letters to Dear Old Santa, Dec. 21, 1923

Letters to Old Santa

Dear Old Santa:

The little children whose letters appear below sent them to us so we could tell you what they wanted last week, but because of things beyond our control, we were unable to do so. Please pardon the delay and bring the things they asked for. And we hope also that you will bring all the children in this whole community what they want, whether they have written you or not.

. . . .

Murphy, Dec. 18th

Dear Santa Claus:

I am writing you this little letter to tell you what I want for Christmas. I wish very much that you would bring me a duck. My name is Britt Moore. And I have a little brother four years old, and he wants a train. His name is Lakes. I also have a little sister. She is two years old. She wants you to bring her a sleeping doll. Her name is Lona. I hope you will bring our toys. Yu may please leave them at the Post office for us.

Your Friend, Britt Moore

-=-

Murphy, Dec. 18, 1923

Dear Santa Claus:

I am writing you this letter to tell you what I want for Christmas. I want a doll that can say Mama. My name is Ona Moore. I have three little brothers.

Leonard wants you to bring a little wagon. Glen wants you to bring him a toy duck; and Blain wants you to bring him a horse and wagon.

You may please leave all of them at the post office for me.

Your friend,

Ona Moore

-=-

Murphy, Dec. 18, 1923

Dear Santa Claus

I will write you a little note to tell you what I want you to bring me. I want you to bring me a box of candy. You can leave it at the Post office, please.

Marga Moore

-=-

Murphy, N.C., Dec. 13th, 1923

Dear Santa Claus:

I want you to bring me four books, the names of which are these:

1. Bunny Brown and his Sister Sue and their Shetland Pony.

2. The Bobbsey Twins at School.

3. Dick and Doll.

4. Jole, Tommie, and Kittie Kat.

If you can, I want you to bring me those books and a little Bible, but please bring other little children many things.

Then I want a little telephone and a little bracelet. Please bring it. I want a little swing that you can swing your dolls in and sing, and I want a paint book and some paints and a little sewing machine. If you cannot bring all of these things, don’t do it. I want you to bring a basketball. You know what else to bring.

Good luck to you.

Your Friend,

Edna Patton

-=-

Dear Old Santa:

I guess you think I’m getting my letter in real early. Mother says she hasn’t seen any in the paper yet but I want to be sure and get it.

I am a little boy five years old, live out in the country on P.T. Road. Now I will tell you want I want you to bring me. I want a wagon and a gun. I am not particular about the gun just so it will shoot. I also want some candy, oranges and fire crackers. I would like a harp, too, but I don’t want to ask for too much, because you might think I am a selfish little fellow.

Now I want to tell you my two little sisters. I think they would like a doll, one that can cry and go to sleep. We have all been very good children, so please do not forget us.

Good Bye Santa,

Hall Leatherwood

-=-

Dear Santa:P> I am a little boy eight years old. I go to school every day.

I would like for you to bring me a wagon with a bell. Also some oranges, apples, nuts and candy.

Your friend, Horace Reinhart

From the front page of The Cherokee Scout, Dec. 21, 1923

No comments:

Post a Comment