Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Setzer & Son to Pass to Bryson-Snyder Co., Nov. 5, 1919

From The Hickory Daily Record, Nov. 5, 1919

To My Friends

For 25 or 30 years this firm under its several managements has been doing a successful business—being first known as Shuford, Setzere and company, second as Setzer Brothers, third as J.S. Setzer and Son, and fifth as J.S. Setzer & Son, J.T. Setzer, owner and manager.

It is with the deepest regret that I find it necessary for me to retire from the mercantile business in which I have so long been engaged, but I find that I have more to look after than it is possible for me to successfully manage.

I cannot find words sufficient to express my appreciation and gratitude for the many customers that have patronized this business from the beginning up to the present. The business has grown under each of the different managers and for the past few years has almost if not doubled or tripled itself.
The business now will be under new management and it is my desire that the best is yet to come. The successor to J.S. Setzer & Son is Bryson-Snyder Co., who come to our city well recommended as good, clever, honest business men. I am sure they will deal squarely with everybody.

I have found them square and very satisfactory in every way and I heartily recommend them and feel sure they will help to build up our city.

All parties owing the firm of J.S. Setzer & Son will please make prompt settlements and at present you will find our account at the old stand.
J.S. Setzer & Son,
By J.T. Setzer

No comments:

Post a Comment