Friday, February 19, 2021

Graham Strickland Writes from Erick, Oklahoma, Feb. 11, 1921

Letter from Oklahoma

The following letter will be read with much interest by many in Franklin County:

Dear Mr. Editor:--I will ask you for a space in your paper, as I will haven’t time to write to all my friends privately.

I am now in the very extreme western part of Oklahoma. I came here the 9th of September, 1920, and liking it fine. Before I came here I always thought Oklahoma was a dry and barren country, but I find it is all a mistake for they have plenty of rain and crops were fine last year. And have had a very pleasant winter so far, very little snow and ice.

Oklahoma produces various crops such as cotton, wheat, oats, maize and kaffir corn, fetireta, and corn, lots of other things. Everything growing on vines does well, such as grape, watermelons, sweet potatoes and a lot of others, and the beauty of it is they don’t have to use any fertilizer to produce crops.

I am now reading the Franklin Times regular. I saw in this week’s paper the Wood, N.C. Items, and I notice Miss Pearl Gupton of Wood, N.C., won the prize of being the prettiest girl at the tacky party. I want to congratulate the judges on their decision as I think they made a good one.

I would like to have a letter from all of my friends who wish to write.

Graham Strickland

Erick, Oklahoma

R.F.D. 2, Box 16

From the Franklin Times, Louisburg, N.C., Feb. 11, 1921

No comments:

Post a Comment