Saturday, February 23, 2019

Flu Takes Two McAskill Children, And Now House Burns, 1919

From the Rockingham Post-Dispatch, Feb. 20, 1919

House Burns

A cottage belonging to Pee Dee Mfg. Co., on the hill overlooking Pee Dee No. 2, and occupied by Will McAskill, was burned Saturday afternoon about 4:30 o’clock. Most of the household effects were saved. The hand brigade succeeded in preventing the cottage across the street from catching.
McAskill has had hard luck recently. Most of his family have had flu, two of his children dying of it since Christmas, and he himself has but recently recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment