Sunday, February 17, 2019

Sixth Grader Explains Why He Likes School, 1919

From the Hickory Daily Record, Feb. 3, 1919

Why I Like My School

I like my school work because I have a good teacher and she tries to teach us all she can. I like my teacher because she is kind to us. When we do not know some of our studies she helps us.

I like all my studies, for they teach us about things we should not know about if we did not have them. My geography teaches about all parts of the world; history teaches me about great men and great battles; sanitation teaches me how to take care of my body; English teaches me how to speak, but I like history best of all. These things are all important.

I like my school mates because they are kind to me, and I like my desk mate.

I like our games. I like to play football with the other boys, and I like to play ring with the school children sometimes.
Wm. Plato Moore, 6th Grade
West Hickory graded school

No comments:

Post a Comment