Friday, September 7, 2018

Dear Mama, Don't Worry About Me, 1918

“Letter From a Soldier Boy,” from The Daily Times, Wilson, N.C., Sept. 7, 1918

The following is a letter from Mr. Willie Williamson who lived near Wilson, to his mother, Mrs. Frank Williamson:
Dear Mama:
Will write you today to let you hear from me. I am aboardship and well. I heard a good sermon on this ship today.
I wanted to write and tell you about it. I am going to try to do my best in France for God, you and my friends. So don’t you worry about me. If I go home it will be all right. If I die in France I hope we will meet in that home where there will be no wars. Mama, don’t let this letter worry you. I just wanted to tell you that I had that hope and feeling I don’t think the war will last much longer for it seems that war is about over.
Will close. Will write again soon.
From your son,
Willie
Co. I. 324 Inf. American E.F. via New York

No comments:

Post a Comment