Wednesday, August 11, 2021

In Loving Remembrance of My Dear Grandma, Margaret Love, Aug. 11, 1921

In Loving Remembrance of My Dear Grandma. . . Margaret Love, Who Died June 23, 1921. . . By Her Grandson, Henry Love

The one I loved so well,

Is in her long, long sleep;

I must go through life without her,

Although my grief is deep.

In the home her place is vacant;

Vacant is her old armchair;

And the home has lost its brightness,

For Grandma is not there.

Faded away like a flower,

She has gone from earth’s shadows and fears,

No more can I smile lovingly with her.

Heaven’s angels will smile with her there.

Into sweet rest she has entered,

No more to grieve or to weep,

She is smiling on me from heaven,

My dear grandma has fallen asleep.

Dear grandma, when the flowers are blooming,

And the trees in beauty do wave,

I will gather up a little bunch,

And lay them on your grave.

--Henry Love, Winston-Salem, N.C.

From The Star of Zion, Charlotte, N.C., Aug. 11, 1921

No comments:

Post a Comment