Thursday, May 5, 2022

M.W. Wall Ill, Mrs. Shields Has Early Cherries, Prices at Carthage Market, Sam Richardson Sells Seven Lots to the Condits, May 4, 1922

County Agent on Furlough

I wish to express my deep appreciation to my friends for the many kindnesses shown me during my recent illness, and it is with deepest regret that I am forced to take a leave of absence for several weeks on account of my health. I hope to return to the county just as soon as possible and continue the work.

--M.W. Wall

-=-

Early Cherries

Mrs. R.S. Shields has reported some cherries ripe last week, and she and her family enjoyed cherry pie Sunday.

-=-

Carthage Market

Hens 18-20, young chickens 27 ½ to 30, eggs 25, butter 35, pork 15, beef 10, potatoes 1.50 bu, peas $2.000, flour 8:40-8.890 bbl, cotton 16 to 16 ½.

-=-

Bought a Block of Lots

Sam Richardson last week sold a block of seven lots in Southern Pines to Harriet and Mary J. Condit. The location is near the Baptist church, the lots being deeded by S.B. Richardson and A.S. Newcomb. The buyers already old property in that section.

From the front page of the Moore County News, Carthage, N.C., Thursday, May 4, 1922.

No comments:

Post a Comment