Saturday, December 1, 2018

Thanks From J.E. Houser for Care Received at Emergency Hospital Set Up By Tallassee Power Company in Badin, 1918

From The Badin Bulletin, Dec. 1, 1918. The Badin Bulletin is published monthly by the employees of Tallassee Power Company. “Devoted to the interests of the employees of the Tallassee Power Company and the pleasure and profit of all people of Badin.

Letter of Appreciation

Emergency Hospital
Badin, N.C.

This is Sunday. I am convalescent, after being sick for four days with the “flu.” During that time, I have received the very best attention and utmost consideration at the hands of faithful nurses. Words are inadequate for me to express my deep appreciation and heartfelt thanks for the many kindnesses tendered me. When I speak thus, I feel quite sure that I voice the sentiments of everyone who came under the care of the Hospital. May there not be the least vestige of prejudice against the hospital in the future, should occasion demand its re-opening!

A great deal of loyalty and heroism has been written on the pages of history during the past four years. I do not believe that a greater loyalty or a higher and nobler type of heroism were every displayed on a battlefield than by the noble-spirited women who so valiantly served the victims of flu at the emergency hospital. I wish to mention by name the ones who attended me. They were as follows: Miss Cauble, Miss Bell, Miss Ingle, Mrs. Thompson, Miss Schiffman, Miss Ivey, and the two Red Cross nurses, Miss Dimon and Mrs. Johnson.

J.E. Houser

No comments:

Post a Comment