Monday, November 28, 2022

Overheard in New Bern, Nov. 28, 1922

Overheard. . .Expressions Heard Locally from Various Persons on Various Topics

As far as I can see, business conditions in New Bern appear to be better than in any other town which I have visited recently. I travel all over North Carolina and New Bern is one of the best towns I visit. –R.L. Cates, Raleigh

-=-

There’s no harm in making money and there is nothing said in the scriptures against making money. The evil lies in making a wrongful and harmful use of the money we make. –Rev. W.A. Ayers in sermon Sunday morning.

-=-

Unless Craven county decides at once whether she intends doing anything about tick eradication, the government will withdraw its aid and co-operation from this section. After that, it will be up to the county to wage its own fight. –Dr. C.C. Hunt

-=-

Although we didn’t have any snow in New Bern this morning, I drove through a flurry of it while coming to town from my farm. The snow fell for only a short while but it was quite a flurry as long as it lasted. –W.J. Flanner

From the front page of the New Bern Sun Journal, Tuesday afternoon, Nov. 28, 1922

No comments:

Post a Comment