Thursday, March 25, 2021

H.V. Parker Announces He's Too Sick To Manage His Mercantile Business, March 25, 1921

Notice to Friends and Customers

Owing to failing health, and the necessity of having to be away from home at the State Sanatorium there to take treatment, I shall be unable to attend to any business and being unable to secure person or persons to handle my business as I would do, if personally present, I shall be unable to carry on my mercantile business as I have done in the past. I shall be forced to materially reduce my stock, and, not being able to attend to it personally, I will be unable to carry on the business in as large volume as heretofore. My place of business will be open at intervals, and will be in charge of either Mr. L.H. Hoffman or Mr. I.A. Wiggins.

My books will be in the hands of those two gentlemen, and any one wanting to settle or adjust their accounts may do so by seeing them and either will receive money due or issue proper credit for same.

I wish to thank all of my former customers and friends for their past patronage and good will and sincerely hope to be able to soon return and continue my business as heretofore. --H.V. Parker From the Hertford County Herald, Ahoskie, N.C., March 25, 1921

No comments:

Post a Comment