Wednesday, March 3, 2021

What Will You Wear to Inauguration Mrs. Coolidge? March 3, 1921

Mrs. Coolidge Tells What She Will Wear March 4

Seated in a $32-a-month Coolidge home in Massachusetts, the wife of the next Vice-President told what jewelry she could wear at t5he inauguration March 4, says a Boston correspondent.

“Only my engagement ring and my wedding ring.”

“I shall use a little powder on my nose, but no rouge, toilet water or perfume. I’m not particularly kean on make-up at all.

“My hair? How shall I wear my hair? The way I always wear it, you know. Just a few quirks and a hairpin.”

Then came the question of shoes, for Mrs. Coolidge has a pretty foot, size 5-B, with a conspicuous high instep.

“I have a pair of navy blue oxfords to match my inauguration gown of navy blue, broche crepe, and, of course, silk stockings to match,” Mrs. Coolidge said after searching her mind a little while for the proper thing to wear with the gown.

From the front page of The Mount Airy News, Thursday, March 3, 1921

No comments:

Post a Comment