Thursday, December 23, 2021

Dear Santa Letters from Charlotte Area, 1921

Fort Mill, S.C.

December 16, 1921

Dear Santa Claus--

I am seven years old. I wish you would please bring me a pair of skates and a big cap pistol and some caps, a drum, horn and some fruit, candy and nuts. A merry Christmas to every body. Lovingly yours.

WALLACE WOLFE

-=-

Charlotte, N.C.

December 14, 1921

Dear Santa Claus--

I am a little girl 9 years old and go to school every day I am in the sixth grade. I want you to bring me a baby doll with long curly hair, also a bed for it to sleep in, a carriage to roll it in, also a tea set, and a pair of boudoir slippers and a nice big horn and lots of fruit, candy and nuts. A merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Your little friend.

EUGENIA LOVE

907 W. First St., City

P.S. Please don’t forget my little Friend Jack as he wants a squirt gun, a kiddie car and a horn and a shoot pistol.

-=-

Marshville, N.C.

December 17, 1921

Dear Santa Claus--

I am a little girl nine years old. I am going to tell you what I want for Christmas. I want a doll and a doll carriage and be sure to put lots of candy, fruits and nuts in my stocking. Yours truly.

WILLIS DEAN

P.S. Be sure and come Christmas night. My Box is 75.

-=-

Charlotte, N.C.

Dec. 16, 1921

Dear Santa Claus:

I am a little girl 9 years old. I want you to bring me a little doll trunk full of clothes and a pair of little skates a little stove to cook on and fruits and nuts and candy, and I want you to bring me a hat and a coat and a pair of shoes 13, a pair of little red bedroom slippers 13. Don’t forget my little brother he is 3 years old. He wants you to bring him a cowboy suit he wants you to bring him a b c books. Don’t forget mother and father. Your little friend.

LEEROY HELMS, MYRTLE HELMS

Slie Street 1407

-=-

1219 S. Tryon st., Charlotte, N.C.

Dear Santa Claus:

I am a little boy 7 years old. I want you to bring me a pair of skates, a coaster. Billy whiskers book. Some fruits and candies. I am yours truly.

John Walter Spanow

1219 S. Tryon street

-=-

Charlotte, N.C.

Dec. 15, 1921

Dear Santa Claus:

I am just a boy 7 years old going to school. I am in the second grade at Long Creek school. My teachier is Miss Whiteside. We are going to have a tree with Xmas program. I would like you to come and bring me a Bible story book, a pair of gloves, and also a black board. Don't forget Howard, my brother. He wants a horn and a drum and little puppie dog. Don’t forget daddy. Your little friend.

Fred and Howard Sing

My address is Paw Cheek, N.C., R. 10, box 114

-=-

Charlotte, N.C.

Dec. 15, 1921

Dear Santa Claus:

I want you to bring me a doll that says “Mamma”, a trunk and a ball, a horn and lots of fruit, and candy. Your little friend,

Dorothy E. Smith

1023 W. Trade st.

-=-

Charlotte, N.C.

Dec. 15, 1921

Dear Santa Claus:

Please bring me a doll bed, a doll that says “Mamma”, some nuts, fruits, and candy and a horn. Your good girl.

Margaret Smith

1023 W. Trade street

-=-

Charlotte, N.C.

Dear Santa Claus:

I am a little boy 12 years old. I don’t say bad words, or any thing. I want a popgun, and some spark plugs and a book on how to write my abc’s, and please bring my friend Estell a baby doll that will talk, and a little cradle, and a powder puff, and some apples, nuts, and oranges.

From your little friend,

Taylor Fowlkes

501 N. Brevard street

-=-

Charlotte, N.C.

Dec. 26, 1921

Dear Santa Claus:

I am a little girl seven years old, and I want you to bring me a baby doll, tea set, a little table, and a horn. Don't forget my little brother, A.T. Jr., he will be two years old Xmas morning. Bring him a little drum and horn, also lots of fruit, and nuts.

Your little friend,

Virginia Lawing

207 Burns avenue

Charlotte, N.C.

-=-

Cramerton, N.C.

Dear Santa Claus--

I want you to bring me a big sleeping doll, a ball, a rocking chair.

ARUSS WALLACE

From The Charlotte News, Wednesday, Dec. 21, 1921

No comments:

Post a Comment