Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Letters to Santa From Charlotte Area, Dec. 21, 1921

Letters to Santa Claus

302 N. McDowell St., Charlotte, N.C.

Dear Santa Claus--

As it is near Christmas please bring me a billy goat wagon and plenty of nuts and fruit.

DWIGHT WITWARTH

-=-

Dear Santa Claus--

I am a little boy 8 years old and I want a train and agon and a little puzzle and an auto and don’t forget the orphan children and we are going to have a Christmas tree.

HAROLD SEVERS

-=-

Charlotte, N.C.

December 15, 1921

Dear Santa Claus--

We are little girls six years old and three years old. I’m afraid we are a little late in writing you but we hope you will find time to get our letter in print. We want you to bring us a little stove, doll baby that sleeps, walks and talks, some little knives and forks and some tea sets, two little chairs and a table, a basket vase, little lamp, prfume, powder, picture, little house, little heater that will burn, my doll carriage. No you need not bring a doll carriage as I will get that up at Sunday school, little dresses, little clocks, little sewing machine, little fire poker and shovel, little doll cradle, little rug, little cabinet, little doll trunk, little lavalier. I know you will not bring all these things but do please bring the doll, carriage, dresser, table and chairs if you can’t bring all. I live on Twenty-first street 512. I forgot. I do want a piano and stool. Love to old Santa Claus.

MYRA LEE and MARY RUTH DAVIS

-=-

Dear Santa Claus--

I want a little train, dog, a truck and some colors with paper and please send the little orphan boys and girls a wagon. Best wishes to you.

ERNEST TERRY SEVERS

P.S. Don’t forget Papa and mama.

-=-

Charlotte, N.C., Dec. 17, 1921

Dear Santy Claus:

I am a little boy 12 years old. I want a cap pistol and a pair of shoes, and a cap, and candy, nuts, and fruit, and a pair of stockings.

Yours truly. Don’t forget me. George Seymour, 510 S. Popular street.

P.S.--I am very poor and a paper boy.

-=-

Charlotte, N.C., December 16, 1921

Dear Santa Claus--

I am a little boy ?(can’t read) years old. I want you to bring me a pair of shoes and a pair of stockings to go with the shoes and a train track and a pair of skates, and all kinds of fruit.

WALTER BRADY

=-=-

Charlotte, N.C.

1121 S. Tryon St.

Dear Santa Claus--

I am a little boy 8 years old. I want you to bring me a cowboy suit, football, pistol, firecrackers, skyrockets, skates and some apples, oranges, nuts, candy and some bananas. I am your friend.

L. AUSTELL Jr.

From The Charlotte News, Wednesday, Dec. 21, 1921 -=-

No comments:

Post a Comment