Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Letters to Santa from Donald, Matlee, Mary, Purnell, Leslie and Elizabeth, 1921

Charlotte, N.C.

302 N. McDowell St.

Dear Santa Claus--

I would like you to bring me a black board, and some chalk and some nice fruit. Please don’t forget my little brother, Bernard.

DONALD WHITWARTH

-=-

Matthews, N.C.

December 16, 1921

Dear Santa Claus--

I hope the snow will not be so deep that you can not stop by my house. I want you to please bring me some apples, oranges and candy and some nuts and sparklers and some fire crackers. Your little friend.

MATLEE BENTON

-=-

Charlotte, N.C.

December 18, 1921

Dear Santa Claus--

I am a little girl 10 years old in the six grade at school. Please bring me a pair of woolen socks, black and brown hair ribbon, one yard long, taffeta kind, bed room slippers, gloves and tinker toys, and a few other toys, some skyrockets, sparklers and fire crackers, some books, and games, nuts, fruit and candy, don’t forget my sisters, Cora and Willie. Your little friend.

MARY HARDEN

-=-

Charlotte, N.C.

December 14, 1921

Dear Santa Claus--

I am a fine little boy. I go to Sunday school and day school. Please bring me a Kiddie Kar, an Alabama Coon Jigger and a Baloon and a great big horn, lots of fruit and nuts. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. Your little friend.

S. PURNELL ELAM

E. 5th St., City

-=-

Charlotte, N.C.

Dear Santa--

I am ten years old. I want you to bring me a pair of skates and a foot ball.

LESLIE HOLLOWELL

415 N. Caldwell St.

-=-

Marshville, N.C.

December 17, 1921

Dear old Santa Claus--

I will write you a short letter to tell you what I want for Christmas. I am a little girl six years old, and I want you to bring me a baby carriage, and a robe, a pair of bed room slippers, a pair of kid gloves and a doll trunk. I want lots of candy, fruits, nuts and tangerines. I remain your little girl.

ELIZABETH LONG

From The Charlotte News, Wednesday, Dec. 21, 1921

No comments:

Post a Comment