Saturday, March 23, 2019

Capt. O.L. Weaver Writes Hometown Paper, March 21, 1919

From the Polk County News and Tryon Bee, March 21, 1919.

From a Polk County Boy

La Pallico, France
Feb. 13, 1919
Editor Polk County News
Dear Sir:

Your issue of January 10th has reached France, and I want to thank you for the pleasure it gave me after reading all the good news from home, because it was the first news I had received from home after being several months in France.

Will give you a little news about myself. I was gassed on Oct. 29th, but am in good health at present and contented after reading the news from home. Before I was wondering if everybody was all right at home, and that made it a little unpleasant for me. I would like to be home and enjoy some of the good pure air that the hills and mountains of the thermal belt produce, but not until we accomplish everything that we are over here for.

Give my regards to all my friends at Tryon. I think that it will include everybody.

I was a little surprised when I saw the News. One could easily notice how it has grown, especially in worldwide news.

Well, I will close with best wishes to the Polk County News and its readers.

Sincerely,
Capt. O.L. Weaver
A.T.S.—A.P.O. No. 735, A.E.F., Base Section No. 7

No comments:

Post a Comment