Sunday, September 27, 2026

God Put Demon's Picture on False Teeth After Atlas Rhodes Quit Smoking, Sept. 25, 1926

Demon’s Picture on False Teeth. . . So. Wayne Man Says, Lord Recognized Conquering Cigarette Habit

Goldsboro, Sept. 21—Atlas Rhodes, farmer and church worker who lives near here, believes that the Lord placed a picture on the plate of his false teeth as a recognition of the fact that he had quit smoking cigarettes. Rhodes believes that it is the picture of a “cigarette demon.” He willingly shows the picture to those who are to take a look.

“I used to love cigarettes better than most men love their wives,” he said. “What I mean is that I loved them. Then I decided that the Lord did not want me smoking cigarettes, so I quit. Shortly after I quit, the picture came on the plate of my false teeth. It has been there ever since.”

With a sort of a click, Rhodes snapped the teeth out of his mouth, pulled a magnifying glass from his pocket and offered the “demon” for inspection.

“See that stem there,” he said, “and that thing looking like a head, that’s a cigarette demon.

“There are all sorts of demons,” he went on. “Some folks have liquor demons, some curing demons, and some have demons even worse than these. I had a cigarette demon, and when I got rid of him the Lord put this picture on the plate of my teeth.”

A peculiarly formed discoloration could be seen on the plate, a discoloration which the imaginative could make into a head with a stem—something like a pipe stem below it.

From page 4 of the Concord Daily Tribune, Saturday, Sept. 25, 1926

newspapers.digitalnc.org/lccn/sn92073201/1926-09-25/ed-1/seq-4/

No comments:

Post a Comment