J. H. Brown, county welfare officer, stated this morning that he had about decided what disposition he would make in the case of the month-old boy left here recently at the home of Dr. J. S. Lafferty.
Mr. Brown has been confined to his home by illness most of the item since the child was found in the Lafferty home, but he has made an investigation of the case, has consulted with several persons who are willing to adopt the child, and is about ready to make his decision in the case.
“There is one family in the county especially anxious for the boy,” he said this morning, “and I am inclined to think I will place him with them. I expect to consult with the couple again today and later may start proceedings for the legal adoption of the child by these people.”
Mr. Brown explained that he was interested only in securing a good home for the child and appreciated the interest shown in the welfare of the child by various persons. “All of the persons expressing a desire for the child are good, substantial people,” he said, “and I would not hesitate to leave the boy with any of them. However, the couple I referred to a minute ago asked first for him and have done more than any of the others to confine me of their interest.”
From the front page of the Concord Daily Tribune, Monday, Sept. 6, 1926
newspapers.digitalnc.org/lccn/sn92073201/1926-09-06/ed-1/seq-1/
No comments:
Post a Comment